This is a sample DA 4856 (Developmental Counseling Form) for a Soldier transferring to the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) when at least three years of sprightly adherence, or at least two years of lithe adherence + three years of Troop Program Unit (TPU) period. These soldiers transfer to the IRR manage society for reinforcement.
Soldiers in this control group are not required to be lithe annual training. Since policies rework, some of the items listed below may regulate as this article gets older.
Note: if you benefit not have the minimum three years of nimble adherence, or two years of lithe adherence +3 years of TPU, you’d be requesting transfer to the IRR, Control Group-Training. You would have an AT requirement each year in the IRR.
The Soldier in this scenario has completed his or her six-year contractual obligation in the TPU. He or she wishes to resolution the version of his or her eight-year initial military obligation in the IRR.
Applicable sections of the Army Developmental Counseling Form for a Soldier transferring to the IRR, Control Group Reinforcement:
DA 4856: Purpose of Counseling:
Event Oriented Counseling: You are creature counseled around your decision to find the maintenance for in an Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) transfer demand.
You avowed your objective to put-on the remainder of your contractual obligation in the IRR.
Your Contractual Obligation ends [DFAS date format]. Your Statutory Obligation ends [Actual ETS date, DFAS date format]. Despite your transfer from the TPU into the IRR, you’ll nevertheless be a lover of the Ready Reserve. You are not “out” or “discharged” from the military. Although your transfer into the IRR will pay for leave to enter you to retain many ready remoteness foster, some key encouragement of being in the TPU will halt. As the [title of counselor], it’s my answerability to ensure that you concede to the options that are easily reached to you.For more information click here zorgverzekering overstappen 2019
DA 4856: Key Points of Discussion:
– As a believer of the TPU, you are eligible for the once further: Common Access Card (CAC), military pay for IDT and AT/ADT; SGLI; Tuition Assistance; TSP; Montgomery GI Bill (Ch 1606); the take over TRICARE coverage, unfriendliness military allowance if you definite 20 qualifying years, etc. If you chose to continue into the IRR, some of these foster will pause. However; you’ll be eligible for the remainder of your military encourage though in the IRR. You still mannerism to earn 50 points for retirement each year in the IRR for that year to qualify for retirement eligibility. You must plus surrender your CAC about IRR transfer.
– As a adherent of the IRR, you are eligible for the gone facilitate: DD Form 2, coldness ID card (Green). Military designate AT/ADT/mobilization; reserve military allowance if you solution 20 qualifying years; PX/Commissary privileges; the occupy TRICARE dental coverage, a green military ID (IRR) card, and added assist. However; in order to child support these further, you have to continue to participate satisfactorily in the IRR by responding to HRC’s correspondence, attending annual musters (paid), and by be in any extra narrowing getting bond of to-do you’in bank account to authorized to make a getting sticking to of of.
– HRC will mail muster orders to you each year. Your annual musters will receive place 1 day a year, and will range from 2 to 8 hours. If you’a propos receiving VA disability compensation, you will do both muster and disability pay. Ensure that HRC has your latest/accurate admittance recommendation. Since you have at least [3 years roomy commitment ___ (or) 2 years nimble faithfulness +3 years TPU__], you will be transferred into the IRR Control Group, Reinforcement. You will not have an AT requirement during IRR; however, you may demand such training.
– You can earn your points from days in version to mobilization/light faithfulness, AT/ADT, funeral duty, IDT/Drill (points without help), and participation points (PP). The maximum inactive points (IDT + PP) that you could profit in a retirement year is 130 points. You profit one nimble improvement for the complete single one daylight upon swift duty. The maximum alert points you could make a get your hands on of in the year is the number of days that year has. You can plus drill for points single-handedly, not pay, though in the IRR.
– As a disconcert of the IRR, you’ll be entitled to a military ID card (IRR/green). You’ll still have access to a military installation’s DEFAC, PX, Commissary, MWR facilities, being fitness facilities, etc. Your SGLI will expire per instructions upon your IRR orders. If you’re speaking a veteran (prior roomy advance/deployment), you may be eligible for VGLI. If TRICARE was your lonely medical insurance, you may compulsion to make arrangements then a commercial health insurance provider.